- » All Vintage Rugs
- » Moroccan Vintage Rugs (289)
- » Vintage Modern Kilim (264)
- » Antique/Vintage Kilims (112)
- » Over-Dyed Distressed Rugs (145)
- » Vintage Oushak Rugs (328)
- » Kars Turkish Vintage Rug (45)
Not far from the Soviet and Iran frontiers lies Kars the capital of the large Kars province north of Lake Van in the farthest north east end of Turkey. This area is inhabited by a mixed population of Kurds, Turkish (Caucasian Terekeme and Azerbaijani Turks) and until +/-1920 by Armenians. The major production around Kars is of rough tribal type assumed to be Kurdish. The proximity of the Caucasus explains the often use of Caucasian design in this area.